To us, a bag does more than carry your necessities; it helps you tackle and take on your every day while keeping you organized. This likely means that your bag has been through a lot. It’s taken on stains, squeezed through crowds, and may have a few granola crumbs at the bottom. We get it! It’s your everyday bag and your favorite- a tough combo to beat. However, with any favorite bag comes wear and tear. Here are our top tips for keeping your favorite Sherpani Bag in great shape for years to come.
How often should I wash my Sherpani Bag?
We recommend washing your Sherpani bag every six months to keep the fabric clean and fresh feeling.
What do I need to clean my Sherpani Bag?
- A small handheld vacuum or lint roller
- White cloth (to avoid color dye transfer to the bag)
- Sink or tub
- Liquid dish detergent
- Warm water
- Cotton swabs
What’s the best way to clean my Sherpani Bag?
1. First, start by emptying the contents of your tote.
Once you’ve done this, it’s time to break out the vacuum or the lint roller. Begin to lint roll or vacuum the entirety of the outside of the bag. Next, try your best to turn your tote inside out. This is easier if your bag is on the smaller side. Next, take your lint roller or vacuum and begin to vacuum or roll up any dust, crumbs, or dirt that may be lingering at the bottom of the bag.
2. Take your cloth and dampen it with warm water. We suggest you avoid having your bag against colored clothes when wet as the dye may bleed. Take your cloth and wipe the entire bag down from top to bottom. Take your time, and be sure to dampen evenly across the bag.
3. Time to tackle the stains! Examine your bag and pinpoint the areas where stains remain. Create a soap solution with a few drops of dishwasher soap and warm water. Dip the white cloth into the solution and blot the stained areas. Stubborn stains? Take your toothbrush, dip it into the soapy solution and begin to scrub. This should get out the peskiest of stains! Rinse your white cloth and dampen it with warm water. Finish by wiping down your bag and removing any remaining soap residue.
4. Onto the hardware! Create a solution with mild soap and warm water. Dip your cotton swab or cloth into the solution. Rub the swab or cloth on any hardware that needs some shine. After, wipe down the hardware with water to remove any soap residue. Your hardware will be looking good as new!
5. Let your bag take some much-needed TLC by letting it air dry. Try not to dry your bag in direct sunlight, which can cause the color to fade. Pro Tip- stuff with plain, un-dyed tissue paper to help the bag hold its shape while drying.
With these at-home cleaning tips, your Sherpani bag can look like new for years!
Looking for a new bag to add to your Sherpani collection? Check out our new arrivals!
I have had the Skye bag for years. I machine wash on cold and hang dry. They always look great.